• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images are not being displayed...

stualk

I have installed osCommerce and it works really well. The only problem that I've not managed to solve is this...the images that are used for the buttons are not being displayed.

For example, on the first page of the catalogue the 'Quick Find' button is just showing as a box with a red cross inside. The same goes for the forward and back buttons and the language icons throughout the site. I have also uploaded an image for use in the top frame of the site and the same thing is happening there.

The only images that are being displayed are the ones i've upload with the actual products in the catalogue, they appear fine. The style sheet works fine and all the fonts and sizes are as I specified as well.

What can be causing this annoying problem?

Help! :angry:

The .htaccess file isn't displayed in my FTP area so I don't think it has been uploaded. There must be a simple solution to this as everything else seems to work and be displayed perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas what else it can be? I'm desperate!

Right Click and take a look at the view source code. Check the images locations because I find sometimes OSC adds extra backslashes now and again. I had that problem in my catalogue but only when I embedded images in pages. And found that whenver I edited a page it added extra backslashes.

Some FTP software also doesnt show .htaccess filesby default, that I have found. Kind of like yer windows folders not showing system files if you like.

Just a thought.

:rolleyes:

I've checked the source code and it seems fine. The images of the catalogue are being displayed fine and they have a similar URL for the images they use, just a different folder, so it can't be that.

It must be some sort of image configuration problem but I just can't think what it can be exactly.

The URL it is trying to display does actual contain the pic it's looking for. However, I do get an internal server error if I try and visit the URL of one of the images that doesn't display.

Yeah they are fine, they're all the right case and the right extension. It's basically a case of the images that came with the package aren't being displayed (buttons) but the ones I upload to the catalogue with each product are fine. I don't know what it can be now!

Archived