• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Desperate when too many visitors MySQL crashes

rvn2k

Hi ppl.. any of you have got the error "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when you have over 50 ppl online browsing your store?

I'm really getting desperate.. I thoguht it was because of my crappy server, now just changed to a new hosting with powerfull cpu/ram and still getting the same error..

any idea, or way to fix it??

plssss :)

c ya

:unsure:

it's on your hosting company....... nothing to do with CPU/RAM all to do about mysql... but I have been wrong in the past. i would give them a call and ask them if they know anything about it

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

You may want to check that the maximum number of connections is set high enough on the MySQL server. Is this a dedicated or shared server (I'm more concerned with the new server than the old one)? A heavily loaded shared server can be less powerful than a dedicated server with weaker specs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that number of CPUs is more important than power of CPUs. I would far rather have four 750Mhz P3s than one 3 Ghz P4 (or two P3s vs. one 2 Ghz P4). Xeon processors will be better in servers than Pentium class will as well.

Hth,

Matt

Archived