• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need HELP with adding downloads to store

uslackeru

I have been trying to add downloadable files to my store and cannot get the stupid things to work!

What Am I missing???

I have followed all directions I could find [there really weren't too many, unless I am missing them].

Am I wrong, should this not work right out of the box in OS2.2MS2? Or must a use someone's contribution [which I really would rather not do just yet]?

I have the pub and download subdirectories in place and CHMOD at 777 and 755. I have uploaded the files. Have set the product attributes. Filled in the file name [lets say download.pdf ....does this need to include complete path or just the file name?] and expire 7 days and max downloads 1.

But the product does not show as a download nor does any links appear after the sale is comeplete?

Does OSC send out the linsk or do they only appear on the site? And when do they appear [as I have never seen them as of yet]?

Does the order status need to be at pending, processing or delivered? Does it even make any difference [i have tried all three]??? If it does matter how can you set the download files to change the status different from other products on the same site?

Can the downloads shipping fees be turned off? I don't see a reason to chrage shipping when nothing is shipped?

I have many more questions but need some basic answers now.

Thnx in advance!

:huh:

Archived