• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Site - Preparing to go live

Well, almost ready to go live with this site. Still a few known bugs to work out and images / layout issues that will be changed, but was hoping to get some feedback before it was finished and maybe catch some other bugs:

Saratoga Cookie Company

Credit card processing is live so please do not place any fake orders!

Not bad, still a bit basic but in a good way.

But please... get rid of the date + counter in your header, the counter is all wrong and the date is not necessary.

This isn't bad - you've tried to make the site your own, even though the layout is pretty much standard Osc.

One really bad thing is your infobox headers, they are ***awful***. It's the unaliased "curved" bits that really spoil the look.

Also do something with the bottom bar, as that looks not nice, make it a bit deeper and give it a background to make it appear nicer. But it's your box headers that are really really bad.

hth

I see you are using LINKPOINT as your payment processor.....

What did you need to signup with these guys to process your payments? And what account have you opted for with them?

Thanks for all the comments... will think about them all (though this has to be live by this weekend so I'm more concerned with just making sure its functionally working).

This was my first OSCommerce site so I didn't want to get too crazy customizing it. The infobox headers were just kind of throw up there as a placeholder and just haven't had a chance to fix them up at all.

mediarays: Yes, I saw this earlier (also does not work in firebird if you bring it down below 1024). I'll get to fixing it eventually but figured non-IE users would only make a small portion of the customers so it can be done when I have more time.

antb2003: We went through yourpay.com and they had a linkpoint basic gateway. Was pretty simple to setup and worked out of the box with the linkpoint basic module (well except for a user error on my part that took a day or so to figure out).

Agree with the other comments.

Apply some anti-aliasing to those curves on the info boxes, make the info box headings smaller text.

In the cookie of the month a 3 month subscription is $27.99 and 6 month is $165.94, i'm guesing that the 3 month is showing the monthly fee but that is not clear for your customers and that the 6 month is showing the total over 6 months.

Make it consitent for your customers.

Mike

Archived