• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Skip out a step in checkout

JonoB

I want to skip out a step in the checkout procedure, as forcing the customer to go through checkout_payment.php is redundant - there are no options to choose on this page (as I only have one payment method).

I am thinking of doing the following in application_top.php, and wanted to know if anyone else has done the same :

Change

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_payment.php');

to

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_confirmation.php');

Will this work?

Thanks for the help. :blink:

Probably not. I think it would cause the page to either continually refresh or to redirect to checkout_shipping.php. checkout_confirm.php has a check to see if a payment method has been defined for the order.

Instead, you would probably be better off directing to checkout_payment.php normally and then have it default to whatever payment method and redirect to checkout_confirm.php.

Hth,

Matt

• 1 year later...

Does somebody got this working ? I want to skip checkout_payment.php so this is what I tried :

In checkout_shipping.php I swapped all FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT with FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION

I tested this but I receive an error in checkout_confirmation.php (pointing to line 42 in file includes/functions/general.php).

ERROR = Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/virtual/site385/fst/var/www/html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/virtual/site385/fst/var/www/html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

This error only occurs when the visitor wants to buy first and logs in when he wants to pay.

When the visitor logs in first there is no problem at all.... .

Tips and tricks very welcome.

TonyS

"The mind has to be empty to see clearly", J.K.

Archived