• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help with admin page

Lynda

I installed oscommerce from ipowerweb and I pasted the html onto my site. When I go to the admin interface the page comes up as a demo of "The Exchange Product". Is this the page that I am suppose to have? Is this the page that I change to make my own site? It just doesn't seem right. At the top of that page is an online catolog button but it won't allow me access to that page. Do I have the right installation? I just can't figure this out. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard.

Lynda

I installed oscommerce from ipowerweb and I pasted the html onto my site. When I go to the admin interface the page comes up as a demo of "The Exchange Product". Is this the page that I am suppose to have? Is this the page that I change to make my own site? It just doesn't seem right. At the top of that page is an online catolog button but it won't allow me access to that page. Do I have the right installation? I just can't figure this out. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard.

Lynda

I agree Lynda! Ipowerweb has agreed to look into this. Possibly adding 2.2.

You would probably be better off to delete that and download MS2 and install it fresh

Definitely! Install a fresh osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2.

BTW, I don't mean to cross post, but what path did you two use for your secure cookie domain & secure cookie path during set-up? I got the ipowerweb SSL path, but I didn't know if the cookie domain & cookie path were the same as the HTTP or different.

Archived