• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My Order Notice's

CKinternational98

My website, CK Paintball is having a major problem, on my end. Idealy when a person orders, I get a notification saying someone placed an order, and here are the products ordered, and amount spent. This all worked out great untill around a week ago. Now when people place orders it just shows the amount they paid, plus shipping, and nothing else. If someon know whats wrong, please help. I want people to have their first experiance with me to be good, so they will come back for more good times, and to assure they are happy, I have been upgrading the shipping on all my orders. This is costing me big time, so please, anything at all may help. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

In the Admin section I go to check my order, and it shows the category for all the info for each product, but the only category filled is the amount for the product, nothing else. This is getting pretty bad, I think I need to contact customer service for help, unless someone can help me soon. Thanks in advance for anything, anything at all. :(

So let's see if I understand this correctly. When you go into admin and you click on customers and then Orders, you see a list of orders with the sections: Customers, Order Total, Date Purchased, Status, and Action. Out of all of those sections, only the Order Total is filled (and maybe the Action column)? So then when you go to edit one of the orders, you don't see anything filled out? Not even the Customer, Street Address and Billing Address sections? Also, had you made any changes to the system when this started happening? Are you noticing anything else strange with the software? Did you try restoring the database when you first noticed the problem?

Maybe some of this extra info might trigger a response.

Products: nadda <-----Really just care about this one the most.

Model:nadda

Tax: nadda

Price (ex): nadda

Price (inc): nadda

Total (ex): nadda

Total (inc) nadda

Sub-Total: $87.93

United Parcel Service (1 x 9lbs) (Ground): $8.53

Total: $96.46

As you can see nothing is filled but the areas shown. I do get the address and what not, but nothing with a nadda behind it.

I didn't make any change besides drop a few products, change some prices, and add a few products. However I don't know if it started happening when I did this, I had dropped products before, and chnaged prices before and had no problems, and I think this started happening before I ever added any products.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks

Trying to figure out issues like this on a forum can be a sticky situation indeed. Unless someone has run into something like this before, you might have to backtrace the code yourself (which is not an easy thing with PHP). Anyway, I can't really guess at what the issue is here, but I'd hazard a guess that this bit of code might be involved :

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);
 $orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order($oID);

That lives at the top of the invoice.php file in your catalog/admin folder. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. I'd first check out if $order was being set correctly...

I didn't make any change besides drop a few products, change some prices, and add a few products. However I don't know if it started happening when I did this, I had dropped products before, and chnaged prices before and had no problems, and I think this started happening before I ever added any products.

Are you suing a standard install of MS2.2, or have you added any mods?

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Thanks Gaia, I will try this.

Geotex, I have not modded, or changed any code so far.

I will get back to you guys after I try what Gaia pointed out.

Missbootyfull, Yeah this one has been hard to get anything on, I have posted this a few times, and as you can see I bumped it a few times. I am glad to see I am finally getting some replies.

Thanks everyone.

Here is what mine is, I will let you know what the results of a swap of your code with mine result in.

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);
 $orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

Ok.. here's a trick on figuring stuff like this out. I'm not much of PHP coder, so this is just a hack (and there might even be a contribution for logging, or some internal osC function that I haven't found), but it can definitely shed light on things...

In your catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php file, add this bit of code to the bottom:

function debug_log($item_name, $item_value) {
 if (0) { return; } // change this to if(1) to disable logging

// make sure mask allows file to be read and deleted
 $old_mask = umask(0111);

// log the data
 error_log('The value of "' . $item_name . '" is [' . $item_value . "]\n", 3, DIR_FS_CATALOG . "logs/DEBUG_LOG.txt");

// return old uask
 umask($old_mask);
}

Then, create a folder called logs in your base catalog directory and make sure it's permissions allow the web server to write to that directory. Then, go into invoice.php and start logging the values of troublesome items and see what they are. I'd start out with seeing what $oID turns out to be as well as $order (at the top of your invoices.php file):

$oID = tep_db_query("select ............
debug_log('$oID', $oID); // log the value of $oID, make sure the first item is single quoted
$orders_query = tep_db_query("select ..................

include(DIR_....................
debug_log('$order', $order); // find out what $order is, should be an Object

The items with a bunch of elipses are the original osC source (I don't have the source available for cut'n'paste adn didn't want to type it all out :P). Then skip down to the areas that are missing, and debug_log() those items and see what values they are giving... You can start tracing down where things get muddled and use debug_log() to check the values of the items... each instance of debug_log() will be logged to catalog/logs/DEBUG_LOG.txt.

If I don't find some way of checking values in the osC source or in the contributions, I'll probably re-write debug_log() so that it's not so much of a hack and does something a bit more useful. But hopefully this will be enough info to keep you headed in the right direction.

Good luck.

Archived