• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Broken Images

Skunk141

Someone had success with deleting the .htaccess file from includes. Also check to make sure that the image files are in includes/languages/*/images/buttons and that configure.php uses the correct defines.

Hth,

Matt

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

I know it is more than three years since this message was posted, but I am having the same issue as stated in the start of this thread. I've deleted the .htaccess files and verified my image files are in the correct folder, but still not images. Any other ideas would be welcomed! :'(

Linda

Hi all,

I know it is more than three years since this message was posted, but I am having the same issue as stated in the start of this thread. I've deleted the .htaccess files and verified my image files are in the correct folder, but still not images. Any other ideas would be welcomed! :'(

Linda

are you sure it's not just because it's all slowing up? mine do the odd time but when i refresh they load properly....if you right click and select 'show picture' and then it loads you'll know it if it's that or something to do with your code, i'm a newbie anyway but i thought i'd just state the obvious.

if not that, are the images in rgb? - gifs? etc etc

Shelton Brown

Web/Graphic Designer

Hi Shelton and thanks for trying to help.

The images do not load when right clicking and selecting re-load. That is why I am stumped too. The product images load just fine, its the Quickfind and the language flags only that are not loading for me. I've checked paths and can not figure it out.

Any other thoughts or attempts would be appreciated!

Hi Lola,

My URL is running just fine from what I can see. I have a temp message up waiting for the catalog info to be read. Am I missing something here??

I've just been informed that we've got the same problem.

No images show up in IE. No icons, no product images, no backgrounds called via CSS.

Right clicking and selecting "show image" doesn't work. However, if I manually type in the URL of the image, it shows up.

And... to top it all off, it works perfectly in Firefox. I have some guys checking Opera, Safari, & Konquer.

There's a bug listed with exactly this issue, but no report. Does anyone have any info?

I've just been informed that we've got the same problem.

No images show up in IE. No icons, no product images, no backgrounds called via CSS.

Right clicking and selecting "show image" doesn't work. However, if I manually type in the URL of the image, it shows up.

And... to top it all off, it works perfectly in Firefox. I have some guys checking Opera, Safari, & Konquer.

There's a bug listed with exactly this issue, but no report. Does anyone have any info?

sam issue here i think it has got to do with the host....version or somethiing

Common reasons why your images don't show up.

You didn't read your documention included with your cart documention.

You uploaded through your hosted server control pannel using binary and not ascii.

You have changed your configure.php files and the browser does not know where to find them.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi i really dont know much about codeing but i had this same problem with no images beeing shown, so i sat for almost 2days trying everything listed above and much more. but still with no luck and then thought it maybe best to download the files or images to see if there are any problems with them and to my happy shock they were all damged, so i reuploaded the images and now my site looks the nuts, so maybe its worth seing if any files got screwed up in the upload. thanks and hope this helps some one some day

Archived