• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USA Only Addresses

GreyStar

I've seen a lot of discussions on how to restrict addresses to a single country, and how to generate a pulldown list of states on the various address forms. I haven't found a "complete solution" to the questions that were raised. I am new to osCommerce, and to PHP. But I've been programming PERL for years, and have made extensive mods to another shopping cart. So I poked around in the code to see what I could do.

I have come up with a mod that does the following:

- Sets the default country selection to "United States". I have deleted all the other countries from my database, but this selects the USA automatically instead of having the "Please Select" line displayed.

- Generates a state pulldown list on the create account and address book edit and add forms when they are first displayed.

- Moves the Post Code field after the State field on the forms.

- Changes the Post Code display text to "Zip Code".

I would be happy to post this as a contribution if other would find it useful, but I'm not sure wich category to put it into. It's not really a shipping module, but that seems to be the closest match. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

~~ Grey

Upload to the Other contribution section please.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Archived