• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taking Card Information

Hi,

I am in the UK and using osCommerce. I want the user to be able to use my shop, enter their Switch Card, Mastercard, Visa etc details, for these details to be e-mailed to me so that I can process the order offline.... is this possible, if so can someone point me to a module which does this.

Many thanks,

Janusz

Hi Matt

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the default OS module does not send the store owner CC info. It sends the store owner only the middle 8 digits of a cc, and then you have to go back to admin and hunt down the proper order, the proper account for the correct beginning and ending 4 digits of the right persons CC. This leaves a huge window of opportunity for mistakes.

What I would like is for the CC module to send me the entire CC number along with the order. I realize that the OS cc module is protecting the client customer, but I do not see how I can effectively run a business model in the default manner presently put in place. Is there a way to change the default CC module to send the entire CC to the store owner for manual processing?

Tim

The cc splitting is configurable. It occurs to me that the regular behavior is to store the whole number in the DB, which is backwards from what you want. The GnuPG contribution does email the entire CC#, but it's in encrypted form and can be tricky to set up.

Note: liability on sending CC#s entirely by regular email will be relatively high, since email is an insecure (unencrypted) transmission mechanism. Anyone with access to the network stream can read it. If that should happen, it could be argued that you did not practice due diligence in your CC handling. Thus, you could get stuck paying the fraudulent CC charges. Check with a lawyer to determine local law relative to this.

Hth,

Matt

Good point, Matt. I was about to ask this same question just now. But it leads to another question

How can I get the store owner to have a link to see the order, from the admin, instead of me having a useless link that shows the account info order, where only the customer can log in. That doesn't do me or the store owner any good.

Is that possible?

In checkout_process.php, around lines 261-3, change

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
   tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

to

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
   $email_order .= "\n" . 'http://yourserver.com/catalog/admin/orders.php?action=edit&oID=' . (int)$insert_id . "\n";
   tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

Adjust the URL as necessary.

Hth,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I would be horrified to think that anyone was sending the entire credit card number by unencrypted email. This is about as secure as leaving other peoples credit cards lying around a shop counter while you go for lunch!

I have made use of GPG on a number of sites, and, while it can be tricky to install, actually works very well indeed. It sends all the payment info in a very secure format, and we wrote a nice decrypter for Windows in Delphi to allow for easy offline decryption.

• 2 months later...

Do you have, or can point me in the direction of details regarding setting up to use oscommerce to use GPG.

I've seen the module in contrib but any form of documentation regarding implementation is lacking.

This is something we are interested in but I cannot find any other resources on how I am supposed to get it working. We have an SSL certificate (comodo) that apparently can be used as email signer and email recipient certificate but I have no idea how to implement so I can encrypt the email and decrypt it on my desktop.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

im new to setting up a e-com site.

what i want to know is the same as the thread starter.i also want to proccess switch/solo cards on my site.where can i get a module for this.i also want to know how to actually,once the product is purchased,trasfer the funds from the customers account into my own.i only have a solo.do i need a buisness account to execute this or just a normal credit card.please help..

thank you...

ian brown

[email protected]

B)

( new to buisness (

Archived