• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrading to latest MS2

I have a cart running on vers 2.2 which was installed last march. I believe this is before the Milestone was set. I want to update to MS 2.2

I have added a couple of mods beyond, specifically x-sell. The mods I would add are all reworked to run with Milestone 2.

1. How difficult would it be?

2. Can my current database be modified?

3. Are there differences in the database?

2. Is there a way to import the current content? I would like to make this as painless as possible and don't want to enter everything over again.

3. Could I just create a new install (in a differnt directory) and point it to the current database?

The current shop is okay, but I don't like the way the size attributes are handled and I am having problems with the tax zone which doesn't seem to be working.

Install a new MS2 with the correct mods and your setup.

Use a perl script in the MS2 package: /extras/mysql_diff/mysqldiff.pl

to make a ALTER table. Which you could run on a backup copy of your live site. IMPORT that whole thing into your new site - test....

Good Luck

Install a new MS2 with the correct mods and your setup.

Use a perl script in the MS2 package: /extras/mysql_diff/mysqldiff.pl

to make a ALTER table. Which you could run on a backup copy of your live site. IMPORT that whole thing into your new site - test....

Good Luck

Hello jpf...

please give me more details on how to run the mysqldiff.pl

I have tried it and it did not work, have I to put it inside a particular folder?

Archived