• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Running HTTPS on local machine?

MonkeyBoy

Hello all,

Sorry if i sound silly, but Im new to this. I used easyPHP ti install PHP, mySQL and Apache and then installed OScommerce, and made a mySQL database as well. It all seems to work fine, UNTIL I click on anything that uses HTTPS such as log in or register, checkout etc!

When I click on anything that uses HTTPS I get an error/ page cannot be displayed. Any ideas how I can fix this please?

I am using Windows XP and would like the HTTPS pagesd to be displayed on my machine as I am designing a prototype.

Thanks! :)

I this is your own "localhost" and is not public then-SSL is not needed - edit and change BOTH of your configure.php to FALSE.

Or you could do a SELF SIGNED SSL = NO COST....However it is NOT automatically "trusted" in ANY WEB browser (will display a warrning - and allow you accept it or not - it also allows you to manual "install" it as "trusted" so that the next visit does not do this.)

I would NOT recommend running a LIVE site on a "home" based server - many Home DSL supplier prohibit you from attaching full time web servers.... And to top it off most are a ASDL - which means your download speed is MUCH differenet than UPLOAD = Very slow web server - slow connection. There is soo many cheap and some even free webhosting solutions out there. PM me if you want Suggestions of free or low cost ISP.

Thank you for your help jpf,

I am not plannin on opening this site to the public at all. I need to build a prototype and run it on my own PC/localhost in order to show my prohect leader how good OScommerce is.

So there is no issue with bandwidth, as only I will be adding dummy data into the system and testing it etc.

Sorry to ask this silly question, but you said that I cannot run HTTPS offline on my localhost, so is there an exact way to disable HTTPS? :unsure:

Or you could do a SELF SIGNED SSL = NO COST....However it is NOT automatically "trusted" in ANY WEB browser (will display a warrning - and allow you accept it or not - it also allows you to manual "install" it as "trusted" so that the next visit does not do this.)

This sounds just like what I need! :o

Could you please tell me how I do this?

Archived