• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disabling site temporarily

sir

Hi

Thanks for great piece of software.

I'm wondering if I could somehow disable the site from customers so I could still develope it while still being online?

Thanks

-Tom

There is a mod to do this, cant remember what it is called tho.

Why not just create an index.html file with"Coming Soon..." in it and dump it in the home directory, this will come up first and no one will get to your site.

It you have done nothing to it, then it will be a while before search engines index you.

The index.html will just mask off the front page.

CC, that is the easiest fix I have ever heard, thanks a lot! All these changes we're all making to osCommerce, sometimes you overlook the simplest things :D

Your exactly right Willem, we do tend to overlook the simplistic things when we go in deep.

I knew that fat lump on my shoulders was useful for something. ;)

However, if your prodcuts are indexed in the search engines, or if you have advertisments that go to specific product pages, this fix won't work.\

There is a contribution called "Down for maintenience" that is very easy to install, and fits the bill perfectly, even allowing the store owner into the site, but no one else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

There is a contribution called "Down for maintenience" ..

Even better. Thanks again.

But I would like if there was something like top 5 picks from each category. Not only it would improve chance of finding what you are looking for but it would also provide good tips that wouldnt look for without it.

Archived