• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I disable reviews throughout the site......

tsingtao

hey everyone, i am switching over my existing shop to oscommerce and i am fairly new to php.......been doing a lot of reading and searching and i can't seem to find the answer......

i want to disable everything having to do with reviews from the site.....i know how to remove the review info box by using the // but the ability to still post a review remains throughout my site......

the only reason i want to do this is that i sell medical supplies and the privacy of my customers is of prime importance......if someone were to post a review and later look at it to find out that his real name is next to it, that person would kill me......

any help would be greatly appreciated because this new site will be going live in just a few days........

Well, if you comment out the call to review.php in col_left.php or right then you should not see the review box at all. 1 step further remove reviews.php from your dir. I don't think this will effect the process but i might be wrong. play around with it

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

well, if i comment out the review box in the columleftphp, it doesn't show up, but when a customer goes to a product and sees that there is a review button on the bottom left hand corner or the product screen, they can still access the reviews.....

i am somewhat hesitant to totally remove the reviews.php not knowing if the cart will be looking for that file and have some error come up........

find this:

<tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td>

you can see where the review gif is called this is in product_info.php just take out call. it's near the bottom of the page

find this:

<tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td>

you can see where the review gif is called this is in product_info.php just take out call. it's near the bottom of the page

Archived