• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change colour of left and right hand column

richlewt

Hi

I currently have a black header and footer to my shop but would like to frame the whole thing with both the right and left hand columns also in black. Anyone know how to achieve this? I have had a dig through stylesheet.css but its not obvious there, is it a question of changing column_left and column_right.php?

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

Hi there,

When i started using oscommerce i was told that the only pages i need to edit are the 2 configure.php files and the stylesheet file.

I remember changing all my colours using the stylesheets page, but i also remember it being a pain finding the boxes that i wanted to change colour. I can't remember which is the left and right column but it should be in the stylesheet file.

Have a go at changing the colour codes (#ffffff) of different boxes...you'll find it.

Phil

The boxes are .infoBoxContents, and the borders are .infoBox. To do the columns, you can add an echo '<tbody class="column">'; to the top of the column files (but after the comments), an echo '</tbody>'; to the bottom, and a new class in stylesheet.css to define .column.

Hth,

Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for your help. I have created class in stylesheet.css thus

tbody.column {

background: #000000;

}

In column_right.php

I added this code near top

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

echo '<tbody class="column">';

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

and at the bottom added code thus:

// include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

// include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

echo '</tbody>';

?>

What I have ended up with is a black line all around the info boxes but the black column does not extend to the top header or bottom footer. It only just extends just around the boxes. Have I done something wrong? As previously mentioned, I am trying to achieve a continuous black border framing the entire page with white text area in centre.

thanks

Rich

Hi Matt

Thanks for your help. I have created class in stylesheet.css thus

tbody.column {

background: #000000;

}

In column_right.php

I added this code near top

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

echo '<tbody class="column">';

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

and at the bottom added code thus:

// include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

// include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

echo '</tbody>';

?>

What I have ended up with is a black line all around the info boxes but the black column does not extend to the top header or bottom footer. It only just extends just around the boxes. Have I done something wrong? As previously mentioned, I am trying to achieve a continuous black border framing the entire page with white text area in centre.

thanks

Rich

a continuous black border framing the entire page with white text area in centre.
Ok, let's start over from the beginning. Starting from a stock osCommerce layout, to do what you want, I would make the overall background color of the BODY element black in stylesheet.css. Then, I would use a div (e.g. <div id="contentArea") or something (for example, there is a TD for the center content area to which you could assign a class) to define the center area. Next, I would define the background color for the center content area as white in the stylesheet.css. Overall, this will probably be easier than trying to make all the exterior parts black. May require some changes, since your layout is presumably not stock anymore.

Hth,

Matt

Archived