• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout Problems

:blink: When I click the CHECKOUT button (or CHECKOUT in the menu bar) more often than not, instead of going to checkout_shipping.php I get the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" screen. After clicking on "Refresh" 3 or 4 times I finally get to the shipping screen so I know the path is correct. the same thing happens when going from shipping to payment. Sometimes the whole process works just fine. Does anyone have any idea of what's causing this, what can I check for, and how can I fix it?

(p.s. - Cache is disabled, cookies are working, user is properly logged-in, etc.)

TIA

SSL is configured, It it automatic, .if a page is coded for SSL it activates. The shopping cart is not SSL, but as soon as I click on CHECKOUT SSL activates properly, then I get sent to the refresh screen.

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

if ( (tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED)) && (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID

if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {

if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

}

Well, I've checked everything I can think of and tried every possible combination in the sessions admin controls.

Are their any code snippets that I can attach that might help in determining this problem?

I think I have narrowed the problem down to this:

The whole problem seems to center around the checkout_shipping.php file which causes the refresh problem AND does not load as an SSL page even though it is coded as an SSL page in the calls for it. SSL is working on all of the other secure pages and I don't have the refresh problem with any other page so I know it's not a general setup problem, this only happens when going TO or FROM checkout_shipping.php.

I hope this further input helps narrow down the problem, this is really getting frustrating! :blink: If anyone needs some code to look at, please let me know what I can send.

Yes, I just got done re-installing a clean copy of checkout_shipping.php and still got the refresh problem.

I also tried removing the UPS and FedEx modules to see if they might be having some affect. It might be wishful thinking but it seemed to help a little, however the problem still remains - customers can't checkout.

I'm at a loss on this?????????????????

Jack

Archived