• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pictures Aren't Appearing

Jason G

Hi,

I'm confused about this problem. I upload the files as I add products to my osCommerce shopping cart. However, they aren't visible and show up as broken graphics.

I go to the URL and they aren't even there!

Cart: http://sportsawards.us/shop/

Can someone tell me what is going on? This is a weird problem and I need help fast.

Sincerely,

Jason Gastrich

It looks like you didn't upload them in binary mode.

Try to upload them again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hi wizard,

Thanks for your reply.

I uploaded the file in osC's system, so it didn't ask for the file type (e.g. binary, ASCII, etc.). Nonetheless, I tried to upload it again and it still didn't work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

It appears to be a problem with the image itself...

http://sportsawards.us/shop/images/tn_2BG105.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Actually, if you view that link in mozilla, you get the following message...

"The image ?http://sportsawards.us/shop/images/tn_2BG105.jpg? cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."

Ok. I think we are on to something. PhotoSuite was having trouble opening and viewing the picture, too. I guess there are some problems with it.

I took them from a CD for a client. I'll get a new copy, right now, and try and see if it works.

Any idea how a picture file like that could suddenly become corrupted?

JG

Hi

FYI

I get this message when I go to the site:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/sports/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Question:

Are you uploading your graphics in an SSL environment?

If you are you might have to tweak the configure file.

Cheers

Thanks for alerting me to the configuration file problem. I just CHMODed it.

Not sure about the SSL question. I don't think so. I just use osC's upload feature. I sometimes use FTP.

I've found that the problem is with the actual picture. There is something corrupted with all of the pictures on this CD. They are .jpgs. Any idea what could do something like this (or undo it)?

JG

This is a good idea. However, I already tried it . . . and just tried it again, but it didn't change anything.

Since PhotoSuite won't open the pictures and gives an error message, I think there may be something wrong with them.

JG

I did the same as ben

I can view the pics on my pc as well

b4 u send the cd back i suggest we try and resolve this as the next cd may be the same - the imgeas are not corrupted as we have proved but there seems to be a problem at your server end?

I had this problem once before so i uploaded all the pics via Dreamweaver Mx and not as i did originally by ftp and it all worked fine then??

Not too sure why but lets try eh?

Regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Archived