• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need english and german translator

emiliano

Hi, i'm trying to release cieto Featured Products for osC MS2... i need to translate a few words... some part of the english language pack it's ready but i would like to check it with a native. Also i would like to translate the words to german so as to have the whole language option of osC in the contribution.

Check my english:

• How many columns do you want to use in your layout?
  • Words per short description when it's not written
  • How many days you want to add to current date when you click in the green light.
  • When you don't enter short description, truncate description upto how many words?

And translate to german:

• There are not featured products
  • More information.

thanks

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Emiliano,

My German's a little rusty, but here's what I can give you (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):

"There are not featured products" was changed to "There are no featured products"

Es gibt nein gekennzeichnete Produkte

OR, for "There aren't any featured products"

Es gibt nicht irgendeine gekennzeichneten Produkte

More Information:

Mehr Informationen

In addition, your English appears to be good except for one place:

Change "How many days you want to add to current date when you click in the green light" to "How many days do you want to add to the current date when you click on the green light?"

Otherwise, it looks okay to me. :)

Es gibt nein gekennzeichnete Produkte
Well, I was booted out of German class, but I am sure that this should read 'KEIN' instead of 'NEIN'.

and

Es gibt nicht irgendeine gekennzeichneten Produkte
'ES GIBT NICHT' = 'ES GIBT KEIN'.

That's just my two cents. I could never work out the different cases os kein could be keinen/keine, I don't know. I also think 'gekennzeichneten Produkte' is too much of a translation, but I am not sure about that. It just looks artificial somehow.

I don't think this is helping much :)

Archived