• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to set permissions on windows box?

TLC

I know you guys must think this topic has been done to death, but I couldn't find the answers any where in the forum questions. So here goes.

I'm running Apache2Triad on a WinXP box. The Apache2Triad package comes with SlimFTPd. I have been unable to figure out how to change the file permissions as instructed in the WIKI New Installation steps. Please help and please be gentle.

Thanks in advance.

TLC

I realize this may sound like a dumb question, but consider the source.

You have to do it locally on the server (or with something like remote desktop). Right click on the file or folder; select properties; click read-only on or off (on for 777; off for 755, 644, or 444).

Hth,

Matt

I just reread my post and noticed that I wrote it backwards. On would be 444, 644, or 755 (all read-only relative to the web server). Off would be 777 (writeable by the web server). For some reason, I was associating on with writeable, which is incorrect. When you check the box, it makes it read-only or not writeable. Unchecked, it is writeable.

Sorry for any confusion,

Matt

A thousand thanks for the help. You guys do a great service to those of us who are WACs (Web Applicationally Challenged).

Your time and effort is much appreciated.

TLC

I realize this may sound like a dumb question, but consider the source.

Archived