• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing welcome guest text

playy

can someone gimme a hand on what directory and what i need to change, to change the customer login text: "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?"

I was told to change 'TEXT_GREETING_GUEST' in includes/languages/english.php

but i do not have this file, can someone lemme know?

And also, what directory and file to change the copywrite text at the bottom? Thanks a lot!

Eric,

BOTH of these can be edited in your shop/includes/languages/english.php (or catalog/includes/languages/english.php, depending on what version of osCommerce you have).

The "TEXT_GREET_GUEST" is somewhere around line 309, and the copyright information is at the very end of the file.

Pay close attention to the osCommerce copyright requirements as you make any changes concerning this: "Powered by osCommerce" is required to remain while you may alter the copyright information. (If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me).

Good luck.

From the file

The following copyright announcement can only be

? appropriately modified or removed if the layout of

? the site theme has been modified to distinguish

? itself from the default osCommerce-copyrighted

? theme

Edit: I am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 and its on line 286

"LZ",

Good call...Additionally, Eric should be simply looking for "TEXT_GREET_GUEST" most importantly. It's on line 309 in my shop/includes/languages/english.php simply because of all the other defines that have been added (due to, of course, the addition of contributions).

:)

Archived