• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Charging a premium to ship to non US customers

bbsemail

I set up the table method for shipping and bsaed shipping charges on total purchase price. It works correctly. I want to charge a 10% premium on shipping to foreign countries.

I tried modifying the checkout_shipping.php file as follows:

First I modified the switch bkock:

case 'international':

if ($order->delivery['country_id'] != STORE_COUNTRY) {

$pass = true;

$foreign=1;

}

Then I added this:

if ($foreign==1){

$shipping *= *1.1;

}

I thought perhaps it didn't like this syntax, so I tried:

$shipping = shipping * 1.1;

Both fail with a the browser saying there is an unexpected $. How do I modify the code to charge this 10% premium on foreign orders? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

brad

Thank you for the reply, but I just drafted the post too quick and didn't type too well, I noticed it after posting, but didn't see how to modify the post. The actual code I am using is:

//if non us charge 10% more to ship

if ($foreign==1){

$shipping *= 1.1;

}

I set $foreign to 1 in the case international block, so I think it's set. Where in the php file should I insert the $foreign*=1.1 line? I placed the multiplication code just above the start <html tag, is there a better place?

Thanks for the assistance.

brad

In

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

make sure that it is before the ?> line. Note: I don't think that $shipping is the right variable. It looks like $shipping is set to a string value. Perhaps you might find it easier to modify includes/modules/shipping/table.php? Or to use zone shipping with two zones?

Hth,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Archived