• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Way to swap image for color option?

Lekterfy

Is there a way(contribution) to put color options when clicked on, it will change the image to that color product?

I have a customer with an apparel shop that wants to do this just like it's done on gap.com

When you click the color swatch the image changes so that you can see the shirt in that color.

• 2 years later...

I know that this is an old post, but when searching...this is all that I could find so far.

Since 3 years have gone by :P has anyone found a resolution for this? I would love to have this feature.

Here is a sample of what it would look like: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=2...;scid=381725012

Oldnavy.com also uses this feature.

• 4 months later...
Anyone know of a contribution or a way to do this? This is the only thing that is holding me back! :D

I too have been looking for a solution to this problem. As yet i believe there are no contributions. Now considering im not an expert in mysql or php im not going to be attempting my own contribution, although If my business does take off i believe it will be worth investing in a programmer to do this for me.

If anyone does find a way to do this, as i mentioned in a previous post please please let us know. Also its all well and good swapping the image but ultimately the product has to change aswell to account for the change in stock. Does anyone know if it is possible to set stock by attribute rather than by product? Eg I have a shirt in small medium and large but different amounts of each, when i sell 1 large it simply comes off a predetermined figure you enter as your stock. I want to be able to set stock for each size. ne ideas?

cheers mwa lord barron

I too have been looking for a solution to this problem. As yet i believe there are no contributions. Now considering im not an expert in mysql or php im not going to be attempting my own contribution, although If my business does take off i believe it will be worth investing in a programmer to do this for me.

If anyone does find a way to do this, as i mentioned in a previous post please please let us know. Also its all well and good swapping the image but ultimately the product has to change aswell to account for the change in stock. Does anyone know if it is possible to set stock by attribute rather than by product? Eg I have a shirt in small medium and large but different amounts of each, when i sell 1 large it simply comes off a predetermined figure you enter as your stock. I want to be able to set stock for each size. ne ideas?

cheers mwa lord barron

For attribute based stock, look in the contributions section..there are several solutions incl. qtpro and master products

As for the image swap function, that should be possible to do with javascript.