• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Invoice ID or order_id before confirmation.

Rwfresh

Hi All,

I am using authorize.net and have a unique problem. I need to generate some kind of unique sequential invoice/order_id to Auth.Net . The reason is we have a number of ways orders are being entered and need to track from where the orders came from. We do this with invoice numbers. The checkout_process.php does not generate an order_id until the transaction is approved. And so it should work like this. Except in my situation. Anyone know of a way without having to actually create DB records and delete them (if the transaction is not approved?) . I can't have orders generated/stored in the DB unless they are approved because the orders are imported into another DB. I've thought about creating another table that would store just one field: Invoice_id.. which could be used for this purpose. But anyone know of another way? i've also tried using the temp cart_id but it does not seem to show a value.. Thanks.

rw

Does the number passed on to authorize.net need to be something useful? Else you could just pass it a unique random number and when the order has been placed it gets discarded and osCommerce writes it as the real order number.

I considered that.. I guess it's the easiest thing to do. I would prefer it to be sequential and the actual order_id would even be better.. But i could just make it random and then pass that number back to the order record as well. Thanks.

rw

Why not use the datestamp as your number? You could add a small random number to it, in case things get so busy that you have several orders on the same second. This number will always be sequential.

• 6 months later...

Archived