• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Owner E-mail: Where's Credit Card info?

BoulderDash

Hi there,

I have set up a store (test site) and am running osCommerce through it's paces. Because I have an actual store front, I already have a Credit Card machine here. So, I don't need to use an online-based service because I can run the numbers myself. However, I have run into this issue:

- Credit Card numbers are not being sent to me via e-mail upon completion of a purchase (Store Owner)

Is this some sort of safety feature osCommerce has in place so that everything must be handled by a third party (and not a questionable website that only wants to collect Credit Card numbers)?

The e-mail isn't so important; however, when I look into the database to see the order, it is also not visible there. I only get: 1234XXXXXXXX1234.

Is there a way to view Credit Card information so that I do not have to go through a third party and make use of my on-site machine?

Thanks,

BD

we also use an on site machine, I use the invoice to obtain the credit card details, go to customers, orders, invoice and the credit card details are below the customers address. I prefer this method to the online systems.

That's where the problem lies, here's what I get when I click the "Invoice" button for an order:

Payment Method: Credit Card

And here's what I get when I click on the little "invoice icon" next to the customer's name to review the order:

Credit Card Type: Master Card

Credit Card Owner: John Doe

Credit Card Number: 5410XXXXXXXX1234

Credit Card Expires: 0105

So, nowhere am I getting the actual number. Besides that, do your Store Owner e-mails have them sent to you? Because, as you can see... I cannot process anything with this information.

Thanks!

BD

That's where the problem lies, here's what I get when I click the "Invoice" button for an order:

And here's what I get when I click on the little "invoice icon" next to the customer's name to review the order:

Credit Card Type: Master Card

Credit Card Owner: John Doe

Credit Card Number: 5410XXXXXXXX1234

Credit Card Expires: 0105

So, nowhere am I getting the actual number. Besides that, do your Store Owner e-mails have them sent to you? Because, as you can see... I cannot process anything with this information.

Thanks!

BD

I believe the default for osc is to send you an email with the middle 8 numbers. Make sure OSC sends an email confirmation (in your store settings) That email should have the numbers in it. It's done this way for security reasons.

Yeah, see, that's the thing... I'm not getting an e-mail sent to Store Owner at all. Any ideas? I mean, the Store Owner is supposed to get an e-mail, right? It's not some security item that Store Owners *don't* get e-mails.

Thanks again,

BD

:ph34r:

Yeah, see, that's the thing... I'm not getting an e-mail sent to Store Owner at all. Any ideas? I mean, the Store Owner is supposed to get an e-mail, right? It's not some security item that Store Owners *don't* get e-mails.

Thanks again,

BD

:ph34r:

No, you would think that the store owner would automatically get an email but it is not automatic. In store options, you will find something which says, send additional email to... add your email account there. You will be sent an email with the information you need. You can send emails to more than one address - pay attention to the syntax for setting this up -- For example, I have it set up to send 2 emails, one to the client and a 2nd email sent to me as the webmaster, so I know if everything is working properly- Once the client has the order administration down, I remove my email address but the client still gets their notification.

Good luck.

Instead of sending credit card numbers in UNSECURE email, why don't you just go to ORDERS and click on EDIT to view the number.

If I knew that my credit card number was being sent in unsecure email, I wouldn't buy from you....

Then again, if you're not using SSL there goes 50% of your CC customers....

Because of what I said earlier... when I go to ORDERS I get this:

Credit Card Type: MasterCard

Credit Card Owner: Jane Doe

Credit Card Number: 4266XXXXXXXX1234

Credit Card Expires: 1104

Do you see the XXX's? I do not get the number. It is not in ORDERS. That is why I do not do that, mikepcs.

BD

NOTE: This info is from a osC2.2 Dec. 2002 installation - your setup may not be the same

The middle 8 digits are sent to the address configured in Admin > Modules > Payment > Credit Card

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Mike,

Your suggestion about viewing orders in Admin is a good suggestion, but if you are getting upwards of 50 orders a day, then manually processing the orders may not be feasable.

What I would like is to have the orders sent to three parties: Myself, my product supplier (who actually processes the orders) and the customer.

Is there a way to make certain that e-mails which are sent by oscommerce are encrypted?

Tim

Archived