• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to make PAYPAL open in a new window

uslackeru

Once the customer chooses PAYAPL and clicks confirm is there any way to have PayPal open in a new window instead of over top of the shopping cart?

I would like this to only occur with the paypal payment forms and not nay of the others.

THNX

:blink:

I don't know how difficult it would be to do what you want, but I can think of a few problems that would result:

1. In order to finish the order on the osCommerce side, it needs to get referred from the PayPal that the transaction was made successfully. Otherwise, it never enters the order.

2. When that happens, you would end up with two shopping cart pages: one in the original window and one in the new window.

3. What would happen in the original window? Where does it go? If it stays on the same page, you run the risk of duplicate orders. If it goes to a different page, then where?

Hth,

Matt

Very valid points.

But I am very sure I have seen this done on other sites/shopping carts before.

The paypal cart opens in the new window and original OSC cart would be referred to a thank page. This in turn allows the customer to go right back to shopping if they had an additional order.

Archived