• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suggestion: Edit email templates

JesperDK

Hi guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to edit the emails being sent out and so far all I've been able to find is to handedit the individual php files and/or language files.

I think it would be a great addition if it would be possible to edit all emails sent out through the admin interface - also the addition of sending out HTML format emails.

Just a suggestion - one I'd be using for sure! :)

Jesper

Not only a great addition but in my opinion absolutely necessary. I want control over anything that has my name or company on it.

I submitted this question in the Installation and Configuration forum just today and my question has reached page 2 with no answer as yet. What do you think of consolidating our efforts in one forum until we get some type of answer? I really think this is an important issue.

p.s. - you may want want to read my comments at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63480

Hi guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to edit the emails being sent out and so far all I've been able to find is to handedit the individual php files and/or language files.

I think it would be a great addition if it would be possible to edit all emails sent out through the admin interface - also the addition of sending out HTML format emails.

Just a suggestion - one I'd be using for sure! :)

Jesper

Sending html emails are already an option in the admin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know about the HTML part - I missed that option when going through the setup.

However, I still think it would be great to have an admin interface which would allow to edit all email through it?

Jesper

There is a contribution for editing emails. You may want to check it out and see if it does all or part of what you want. chfields has posted a link to it several times if you have troubling finding it in the contributions area.

Hth,

Matt

I did find out which file you need to edit for the welcome letter. Since this is the first "contact" you actually have with the customer, I felt it was important to be able edit the wording. See the following link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63480

It's not the ideal solution but it works and is easy to change!

(Whew, This jumping from one forum to another keeps you busy!) ;)

Jack

Archived