• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Shipping Calculation Error

Trent

I am having a great deal of difficulty figuring out what the table shipping module is figuring out with repect to shipping prices.

I am using the following in my shipping table structure:

15:22,45:28.50,60:44,90:57

I have setup the tare product = 0 and the larger products % = 0 and the maximum shipping weight size to 90 (lbs).

All works well with the calculation of the shipping until you have an order that is over the 90 lbs mark. As soon as you go over that amount, it will still calculate a price for shipping of $88 ? ? ?

I would actually like it if you get a package over 90lbs to figure out the shipping for the first 90 and then use the table to calculate shipping on the rest of the order. That would work the best for me, but the fact that it is calculating a figure of $88 for over 90 lbs is beyond me!

It did that even when I used the following code for free shipping as an example:

15:22,45:28.50,60:44,90:57,10000:0

I am using 2.2 Milestone 2 and really need help as I am launching this site this week!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trent

I was checking and does this have anything to do with the table shipping module needing another shipping module? Is there another table shipping module someone has done for a contribution?

Ok...figured it out. What is happening is that it is using any package over 90 lbs as 'not possible' as the largest package is 90 lbs. Instead of using the 90 lbs package and the remainder in the next package price, it takes the lowest package amount (15 lbs) and uses it 7 times for a package of 100 lbs!

How do I get it to use the biggest package and then the smallest package for the extra 10 lbs instead of the smallest so many times in a row!

PLEASE HELP!

Trent

Archived