• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cart Does not validate

vso

My Cart does not want to validate. I have used the default layout and template, making only changes to the english/index.php module so far. Of course, I did add all the products via the admin.php module.

However, if you try to validate the page using http://validator.w3.org:8001 , you will get tons of nesting errors, in fact hundreds. I discovered this even before I made any changed to the code whatsoever.

Has anyone in the forums noticed this? Is there a simple fix?

Tim

Yes, it seems that stock OSCommerce, rigth out of the box, wil not validate.

Many of the errors are caused by a marginwidth parameter for one of the tags that is no longer w3 standard. You need to find each and every single occurance of that parameter and remove it yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Be careful removing those parameters, and test after removing anything. Remember that browsers do not necessarily conform to the standard. Removing something that IE actually uses will change the appearance of the page. The validator is being overly fussy here.

I get a lot of errors due to missing TBODY tags that should really be there. This will take a bit of work due to the number of tables in an osC page. It probably should be done though. Making these changes to the tables will get rid of most of your errors.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived