• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution for payment by phone only?

Every single order my customers place requires a custom shipping quote. I have looked into Multi-vendor shipping and individual shipping contributions...but they don't quite fit the bill. I have thousands of products that get shipped from all over the country. Due to the huge reange of sizes and weight (aftermarket automotive) of these products...I don't have shipping information for them. I have to call the manufacturers for shipping prices

I'm looking at the 'pay by phone/fax' contribution...but it seems to focus on payment by fax. I need to receive the order so I can call for quotes on the parts...then call the customer back with the shipping total and payment information.

1. Is there a contribution for this that already exists, and if so what is it?

2. If there is no contribution...how hard is this one to make?

TIA,

Jason

If your NOT using a Payment gateway directly - then a notice on the TOTAL page saying that "Shopping Cart total does NOT reflect shipping charges. (Insert your reasion here.) Shipping charges will be added to invoice total when it is calulated."

Then use the Order Edit Mod to add charges and to send a confirmation to the customer.

Archived