• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Store Going Live soon Please review

Painfully slow.

Since there aren't many categories and manufacturers, you might want to lose the select boxes and display them all.

A little too narrow (width) for me.

Bad use of table borders.

Annoying banner.

low-res, low-quality thumbnail pictures. Try using two sets of photos.

Too much info required on sign-up.

Overall, not too bad, but I can't see too many people wanting to buy from you. Just doesn't look professional enough.

Good luck.

Thank you for the in put Hyper. That's the sort of in put I'm looking for.

We are planning on several more categories and products, that's why I used the drop downs. I'd like to lose the column_right info boxes and expand the main table, can't quite figure that one out yet.

to take the boxes out of column right ... take the boxes out of column right and stick in column left and then go through main code scripts and take out the column right include

change your breadcrumb to do product names instead of model numbers

make a new class for your bottom box on the product_info pages that doesn't do the bottom box (this is just a personal some people I am sure like it)

You might add customer support tickets and also gv/dc since christmas is coming.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I'd go to the likes of Amazon.

Why ? Your site is too dark, has no real design and looks 1998.

Pointers:

Useless infoboxes (the failing of 99% of all Osc Store Owners). Infoboxes make any Osc site look like an Osc site. Most infoboxes contain useless information, or information that can be better placed elsewhere.

Why do you have "manufacturers" when there is only one manufacturer ??? If you really really want it, then change it to a text link (this is done in Admin).

Why do you have categories as a drop-down ? Seems silly.

Why have you got that banner. Are you selling your products or are you selling "mcaffee virus scan online"...

Colours are awful. Try lighter colours. Images are awful - do some work on your images. You have "click to enlarge", but when clicked the images are no larger ! ?? !

I could go on. I find nothing in your site that makes me want to purchase from you - it's almost as if you are saying:

"I've spent a few hours putting my store together, I don't care if you buy or not".

OK, changed the colors and even the Logo. Working on and looking for mods for infoboxes as well. Pictures I have to work on resizing without distorting them.

We have only the one product as of now, but getting more vendors within the week if all goes well. Planning on selling computer components and service. Thanks for the input.

Hello,

after seeing some of these feedbacks maybe should be afraid to list my store, but what the heck. comments about my store (now live) are welcomed. my online store

Thanks

The saddle box should be above the information box on the left there?

And dont worry were harsh but were simply speaking from our hearts :)

OK, changed the colors and even the Logo. Working on and looking for mods for infoboxes as well. Pictures I have to work on resizing without distorting them.

We have only the one product as of now, but getting more vendors within the week if all goes well. Planning on selling computer components and service. Thanks for the input.

STILL BOTH! BOOOOOTTTTHHHHH!!! of the stores have the white space at the bottom... not one....but both. :unsure:

On http://raez-inc.com/catalog/ the infobox background dosent match the over all colour scheme for the store.

Still with http://raez-inc.com/catalog/ the logo up top has a different background than the header you can clearly see its a lighter shade of purple just get them to math. :rolleyes:

Now onto http://exactmicro.com/catalog/

My eyes are hurting from the blue background... I like the purple on the other store because thats not very bright and good to look at.

As for resizing pictures find your self a copy of Photoshop or similar and use that to resize the pictures before uploading... resize them to say 100x100 IF that is the picture dimentions you have in the admin panel.

Just keep at it... Look at other store and uuuhhh 'borrow' their ideas etc etc

OK Thanks for the input.

Changed the blue and working on picture sizes, the White space at the bottom is left over from the centershop contrib. How do I remove it?

No, Centershop and WYSIWYG

Found the x-tra white space at the bottom of footer.php should look better now.

Useing MacroMedia Fireworks for the images and still can't resize without losing quality. I'll keep working on it or find bigger pics. Thanx Xplod for the input. Good or bad from ANYONE..it does help. That is what this forum is all about afterall.

You have a banner on your front page measuring in at 224k! That's crazily hugely massively too big.

If you really need the fades between images use Flash, else just flick between them.

Above that you have a 29k bmp... don't use bitmaps for webpages - ever!

Change it to a jpeg and not only will it be smaller but it will look better too.

You ought to fix your prices for attributes in your drop down, this is one of the first things I did to my site. In catalog/products_info.php :

Around lines 137-9 of product_info.php, try changing

CODE

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

to

CODE

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$price_with_attribute = (($products_options['price_prefix'] == '+') ? ($product_info['products_price'] + $products_options['options_values_price']) : ($product_info['products_price'] - $products_options['options_values_price']));

$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $currencies->display_price($price_with_attribute, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

This will make the price in the drop down box the total price, instead of +30.00 .

I'd also put all your disk keys in one category, and show them all on one page.

Jeremy

• 1 month later...

OK, I redesigned the store a bit. Please provide feedback. This is in test mode again so feel free to create an account and test things out. No stock to speak of yet, still working on the design.

My Store

Thanx

Archived