• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Add Multiple Shipping Rate Tables?

I am setting up a shop for a client but that wants to have multiple price based shipping rate tables. For instance,

They want one set of table based shipping rates for UPS Ground

They want one set of table based shipping rates for UPS 2nd Day

They want one set of table based shipping rates for UPS Overnight

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this so that the customer can select the shipping method they want based upon the table rates established?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...
Copy and rename tables.php, three times. Edit install function to make configuration unique for each.

Hth,

Matt

I'm trying to do this, can anyone explain abit more on this?

• 3 years later...
I'm trying to do this, can anyone explain abit more on this?
Its 2008 (4 years later) and I still can't understand what that old statement meant.

P.S.

I saw the exact same answer for somebody elses question too over the years(it was a totally different question). Go figure...

...anyway if somebody finds a better answer, please post it or can you eleborate and explain what

'Copy and rename tables.php, three times. Edit install function to make configuration unique for each.'
means and what will this actually do? (possibly some messed up database tables and lost products+attributes) Right? :thumbsup:

P.S.S

I looked through some old install/files and couldn't find any files or folders linking to tables.php and it doesn't even exist. Thats right theres not even a file by the name of tables.php (perhaps iiinetworks meant database_tables.php???)

LOL

• 6 months later...

Check out this contribution:

State based rates

It is easy to install and does what you are asking. It also explains how to install additional copies of itself, which is what the previous posts were telling about the stock shipping module.

Tim

I would like to know more detail about how to do this as well.

Archived