• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image directory error message

starcad

Been searching the forums for the last three days and no answer yet to this question.

Qualifiying: I changed servers last week because the old one was giving my provider problems. After downloading my site and then backing up the Database they pulled the plug on the old server and switched me over to the new on. Uploaded to the new and inserted the DB everything seemed to work great until I tried to view a product on the page.

Problem: Now I get "The page cannot be found" when clicking on the product image. When I access the admin products menu I get

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /home/virtual/site192/fst/var/www/html/catalog/images/

So what the heck did I do wrong in changing servers? Need so view on this subject and some help with it would really be appreciated.

Unix server

PHP Version 4.3.3

Basically, there are three possibilities:

1. The path /home/virtual/site192/fst/var/www/html/catalog/images/ is simply wrong. Perhaps it should be /home/virtual/site192/fst/catalog/images or /var/www/html/catalog/images/ instead. Check your configure.php settings and update appropriately (may have missed during the move).

2. That directory does not exist (not copied in the move). If that is so, create it and chmod 777.

3. The directory exists at that location but the file permissions are wrong. chmod 777 /home/virtual/site192/fst/var/www/html/catalog/images/

I would try 3 first. It's easy to do the transfer in a way that does not properly preserve file permissions. 1 is quite possible though, since that path looks goofy to me, like two paths were stuck together. If you would like more help with that one, please post your FS and WS defines from your configure.php files.

Hth,

Matt

Ah yes two sets of eyes are always better than one. Ag! I can't believe I missed that as I thought I had all my bases covered. Anyway that has cleared the first part of my reconfig. by clearing up the error in the admin. Now I'm going to look into the second part in the catalog itself where when I click on an item I get the page not found error. bet I know where that one is going to be :rolleyes:

Thanks for your direction Mark, I really appreicate it very much.I'm going to try and find this next one on my own but will return if I get lost.

Guy

Well i can't seem to find this part of the problem Matt, Here is what I'm getting when I click on a product image or menu link in the catalog main page.

http://arizonamodeler.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/32

Note: the above is where the broser is being directed

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.arizonamodeler.com Port 80

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://arizonamodeler.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'arizonamodeler.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/html/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', '127.0.0.1'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxx');// x'ed out for security
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxx');// same as above
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'arizonamodeler_com_-_home');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Hope you can see what I'm missing as I've gone over it all night tonight. Time ot get a couple hours sleep.

Guy

Nope that did not help at all as nothing changed. The link works but when you click on a product image in the catalog body it fails with the internal systems error

like if I click on one of the images I get this link in the address part of the broser and the error

http://arizonamodeler.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/32_38

Guy

Oops! Matt, turning SEF to off did the trick. I was looking at the sessionsswitch. But, the question I now have is why? Is there a way I can turn this back on or should I just leave it off? Thanks for your excellent advice.

Guy

Search engine friendly URLs rely on web servers ignoring everything after it finds a filename (as opposed to directory) but passing the info to the file. For some reason, your web server does not seem to be doing that correctly. Not sure why.

Note: all the major search engines will not be helped in any way by the SEF URLs. Unless you have some particular reason to turn them on (e.g. you know that a bunch of your customers use one of the lesser search engines), I wouldn't bother with it.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks again Matt for all your help. I really learned a lot about OSC and the way it works. Funny how I keep learning about this system and finding things I thought I had fixed.

Later - Guy

Archived