• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fixes to PhpBB contribution

adrian##

ref Php BBcontribution by Liang http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1603

To get this working properly for MS2, I followed the install_for_ms2.txt install instructions then did the following:

(note in the instructions the filesnames mentioned 'account_edit_process.php' should be read as 'account_edit.php; and 'create_acount_process.php' read as 'create_acount.php'

_______

in catalog/includes/filenames.php:

ADD

define('FILENAME_KNOW, 'bb_index.php');

________

in create_account.php

this line:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, $sql_data_array);

should actually be just below the new insert that was made, not just above it as it specifies. (hence, the new inserted paragraph is one line too low)

also WITHIN the newly inserted paragraph, the two instances of:

$sql_data_array

should be changed to

$sql_data_array2

Also, within this newly inserted paragraph, this line:

'user_viewemail' => 1,

should be replaced with :

'user_viewemail' => 0,

Also, in stage 8 of Liang's instructions, this paragrah meant to be inserted into catalog/languages/english.php:

define('BOX_BBINDEX', 'Forum');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Forum');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Forum');

should be replaced by just

and this paragraph,

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Forum');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Forum');

should go into:

catalog/languages/english/bb_index.php

________

Other than that seem like a good contribution that has login and account creation integrated into the main application. However, it needs the faciltiy for users to change their forum username as currently each forum user is given their surname as their forum username and that cannot be changed by the user or the forum admin.

BTW to get to the forum admin pages goto:

catalog/admin/bb_default.php

so this page should be password protected on the server.

The contribution in action can be seen here:

GrooveTip however some mods were added to it from http://www.phpbbhacks.com, some of which themselves had to be adapted to suit this contribution

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" it needs the faciltiy for users to change their forum username as currently each forum user is given their surname as their forum username and that cannot be changed by the user or the forum admin."

You can use the login name mod to phpbb found here: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1455

I just got it to work, and it allows you to have a login name (which is the surname) but it also lets you have a username, which is the name that shows up in the forums. You have to integrate it into the account edit, and create account files in OSC but it's not difficult at all. In the end, it makes this Forum contribution complete and just what OSC needs.

One minor error.

ADD

define('FILENAME_KNOW, 'bb_index.php');

Should be:

ADD

define('FILENAME_KNOW', 'bb_index.php');

Also, make sure that you turn off the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs" under Admin -> Configuration -> My Store. That stops the links being messed up for code that looks like:

op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=index.php

I done every step asked in the installing instructions but i get a whole page of these :

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/cherrypi/www/ShoP/catalog/catalog/includes/sts_user_code.php on line 23

Please people help me im on this for hours now & im about to commit suicide !

BEsts,

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone I need some help when I go to the following url http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/modules.ph...&file=index.php

I just get a blank page and when I go to http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/admin/bb_default.php

I get a Internal Server error it seems like they can't finf the correct files.

I have checked and re-checked the install and also made the changes in this post but still is not working correctly. the other thing I would like to be clear on is this have to be installed on both the unsecure and secure servers or just the unsecure server?

I hope someone can help because this looks like a great mod!!!!!!!!

OK everyone I need some help when I go to the following url http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/modules.ph...&file=index.php

I just get a blank page and when I go to http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/admin/bb_default.php

I get a Internal Server error it seems like they can't finf the correct files.

I have checked and re-checked the install and also made the changes in this post but still is not working correctly. the other thing I would like to be clear on is this have to be installed on both the unsecure and secure servers or just the unsecure server?

I hope someone can help because this looks like a great mod!!!!!!!!

I wished I could be of some help, I did finally get this mod to work, but I don't even know what I ended up doing that made it work other then being sure you are user id 1 in the database for OSC and phpbb and

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

needs to be set in the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php, I had the toughest time getting this one to work without errors.

Best Regards

Thanks for the help beardeddone but that was set correctly....LOL

well I was able to make the server error go away so now i have two white pages.

For some reason I think this is a path problem I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

What I wish I had was a PHP debugger so I could see what was going on in the code.

I just got to the point I could follow the code in OSC and now I am looking at a completely different style of coding.

Anyways thanks for the help beardeddone

If anyone else has a clue please chime in!!!!!!!

I have the exact same problem - both pages come up as blank - anyone know?

I also got this when I ran the upmysql.php:

1062 - Duplicate entry '2' for key 1

insert into phpbb_groups (group_id , group_type, group_name , group_description ,group_moderator , group_single_user) SELECT customers_id+1,'1','','Personal User','0','1' FROM customers WHERE customers_id

[TEP STOP]

although it appears most if not all users were copied into the phpbb area

Doesn't appear to even work correctly at the contributors site.

Cant create an account on his test sites, and on his main site it says it created it, but then im redirected back to the login screen and I cant login with the account I just created. :blink:

Doesn't appear to even work correctly at the contributors site.

Cant create an account on his test sites, and on his main site it says it created it, but then im redirected back to the login screen and I cant login with the account I just created. :blink:

Ok, if you will test it out on my site, register or what ever you have to do to post a message or whatever, if you do this and find no errors, I'll go thru and rewrite the instructions to install this and post it here, hows that. I'm not looking for users or customers, this is just for testing purposes. Do your damage if you can, I want to see how well this integraded forum works anyway. I want to here of any and all errors, if any.

Best Regards

That would be to Cool of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Ok I have pretty much redone the installation of this interface, assumming that all your files are copied to there prespective subdirectories the rest of the install should work following my instructions.

They are lengthly so I posted the install interface instructions Here

Best Regards

OK everyone here is the deal. the files on OSC site are not complete files that was the big problem with the mod that I was having. I have fixed loads of bugs but I am still having a problem in the admin area the admin_users.php will not run for me so if anyone who has a working version please post it for me and I will re-post the mod in ENGLISH on OSC.

I have seen it working on unsecure OSC site but I had to make changes to get the sessions to work right on a secure/unsecure OSC configuration.

All in All it works good and if anyone would like to see it check here

http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/modules.ph...&file=index.php

Please if anyone can help on the admin problem I am having please jump in and save the day I have been working on the for three days

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Ok I have pretty much redone the installation of this interface, assumming that all your files are copied to there prespective subdirectories the rest of the install should work following my instructions.

thanks for your install interface instructions .

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

thanks for your install interface instructions .

Your welcome!!

Even tho I managed to get this working ok, I still haven't found where to change where phpbb looks for the graphics/images, seems I have to have them in catalog\templates\subSilver\images instead of catalog\includes\modules\phpbb2\templates\subSilver\images

Any Ideas?

I also tried to install a calender into phpbb under OSC but get a database error, yes that does exist.

Best Regards

I use phpBB2 plus on my site. It is basically phpbb 2.06 with a whole bunch of contributions already installed. It has a web portal type of interface. Would I still be able to use the phpBB mod with it, or would I need to go back to a plain installation of phpBB?

ok so did anyone create a generic version of this thing? or where should i start?

i know the phpbb side fairly well. to change the graphics pointers, it is in the tpl files, can change that there, and in the stylesheet you can change the colors of phpbb

I use phpBB2 plus on my site. It is basically phpbb 2.06 with a whole bunch of contributions already installed. It has a web portal type of interface. Would I still be able to use the phpBB mod with it, or would I need to go back to a plain installation of phpBB?

So far I haven't been able to get any mods working right yet, we'll figure it out or someone will.

Best Regards

ok so did anyone create a generic version of this thing? or where should i start?

i know the phpbb side fairly well. to change the graphics pointers, it is in the tpl files, can change that there, and in the stylesheet you can change the colors of phpbb

What I did was use the regular phpbb2 to copy the necessary files where it say to in the origional instructions then over rote them with the interface version, not all the necessary files are in the interface version, you'll see when you get an error message that a certain file can't be found where ever.

Best Regards

The one thing I haven't figured out how to yet is how to change where the the graphics are looked at, it seems that if it looks in the normal subsilver images subdir is to many subdirs do deep for this interface version, so I made a templates/subsilver under catalog and put the graphic images there, this seems to work ok there.

Best Regards