• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Under 18 Payment Options???

We are prepping our online store now. A large part of our market is under 18 and do not have credit cards available to them. Does anyone have any experience with alternative payment options???

Thanks.

You need to be careful with your market segment, especially anytime you have anything on your site that is legally binding (IE terms of service). The reason is because in most states you cant legally enter into a contract unless you have implied consent from your parents and a signature or they are 18+. If they do agree to something under that age they can't be held legally responsible for things that happen or occur.

For an osCommerce and STS Tutorial click the www button in my profile.

We're selling athletic clothing that has a high 18- draw.

I had noticed someplace, a while back, about an automated option for paying cash. Something like a Western Union or even a Ticketmaster. The buyer would go through the regular checkout process, select this option, receive a printout with a code and/or order number, take it to their local collection place and pay. Buyer receives payment notification and ships. Has anyone heard of this?

Bank transfer works, but isn't automated.... :huh:

I guess another question here, what are your experiences with COD? And how do you manage order fullfillment for check/money order (i.e. does customer print out an invoice and ship it with payment? are there instructions for the customer to pay? etc.)?

We're planning on using an Authorize.net merchant account (I'm thinking Practice Pay Solutions...) and would like to use the e-check option. Is that supported within OSC?

Sorry for these newbie questions. I'm currently configuring OSC (look and feel, uploading products, etc.) and am just trying to get an idea of what others have run into.

Thanks.

Archived