• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting Rid of New Products on each page

Right now on my main page and some of the other pages I get the "New Products for October". I want to remove that. I think I found the coding but everytime I take something out, it takes out the New Products but also takes out stuff I want or it does nothing. What coding do I have to take out to get that off my pages?

I found where to remove it. If anyone else needs it, its in the index.php. Remove this line....

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

and its gone.

To perform this edit, or to remove it from the default.php (or index.php), you will need to remove it or comment it out (// just before the word 'include') in TWO lines (approximately) lines 112 and 309. If you comment out the code, it should look like this:

<td><br><?php $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id; //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

This way, the "New Products for the month of..." will not display on your main page, nor will it display under your categories.

It might be better to just "comment it out" rather than completely removing it. Good luck. :D

Archived