• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cant change anything in admin

chris69randy

hi all

i keep trying to change things in my admin yet i am logged in i keep getting this message:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/mvtqkof/public_html/shop//includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

can somebody tell me what i need to do, please be basic with the reply as i am not that good with this software.

please please please HELPPPPPP

THANKS

CHRIS

WWW.SPECIALFXSKINS.CO.UK

You need to change your folder permissions to 777 so you can write to the file. You can use your ftp program to do this

hi

thanks for getting back to me, could you tell me how i do that as i am not well known to ftp, what do i do.

thanks

chris

If you have access to cpanel, go in there and click on file manager, then find the folder you want and click on the folder and on the right you will see a menu that says something like, delete folder and contents, change permissions,copy,move...etc. Click on change permissions and put check marks in all the box(click in each box) that will make it so it can be written to. You will see the numbers change at the bottom of the box. 777 means it can be written to, 644 means it can't. Just click save or change and your done

If you have access to cpanel, go in there and click on file manager, then find the folder you want and click on the folder and on the right you will see a menu that says something like, delete folder and contents, change permissions,copy,move...etc. Click on change permissions and put check marks in all the box(click in each box) that will make it so it can be written to. You will see the numbers change at the bottom of the box. 777 means it can be written to, 644 means it can't. Just click save or change and your done

it only gives me the option to edit and still says:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/mvtqkof/public_html/shop//includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

Archived