• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Preview/Update

Xplod

When you create or edit a product you hate to preview it first...

How do I go about chukin a Update button next to Preview so I can just update it without previewing... saves so time when changing prices <_<

ta~~

If you're staying out of the database, don't count on doing anything quickly!

There may be a way of disabling the preview but I don't know how - I never did it. The db isn't so scary once you get used to it and we were all noobs once ;)

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have found a quick and dirty solution, which changes the preview button into an update button.

In admin/categories.php find :

tep_image_submit('button_preview.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW)

and change it into:

tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW)

find:

tep_draw_form('new_product', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . '&action=new_product_preview', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'); ?>

and chang it into:

tep_draw_form('new_product', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . '&action=update_product', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'); ?>

kind regards Fred Stuurman

With kind regards ,

Fred Stuurman

• 3 years later...
I was too quick, this screws up adding a new product.

So forget the previous.

Not so fast! You were on the right track!

Find (part of 1 line):

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_date_added', (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_date_added) ? $pInfo->products_date_added : date('Y-m-d'))) . tep_image_submit('button_preview.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW)

Replace with (a new line and part of 1 line):

$save_button_name = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) ? 'button_update.gif' : 'button_save.gif';
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_date_added', (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_date_added) ? $pInfo->products_date_added : date('Y-m-d'))) . tep_image_submit($save_button_name, IMAGE_PREVIEW)

Find (part of 1 line):

tep_draw_form('new_product', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . '&action=new_product_preview', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"');

Replace with (a new line and part of 1 line):

$form_action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) ? 'update_product' : 'insert_product';
echo tep_draw_form('new_product', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '') . '&action='.$form_action, 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"');

I just copied the code from below in the new_product_preview action. The above code works perfectly for add and update. It even uses the "Save" button instead of "Update" for the actual add page.

Thanks Fred!

Archived