• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best way when a video-title is available on both V

jbeech

What's the best way when a video-title is available on both VHS and DVD?

We don't really want to have a VHS-category and a DVD-category - with the same titles in both (they 'do' have individual bar codes though).

We think it would be best if there were a buy-VHS and a buy-DVD button associated with the product. Feasible? Routine? No can do?

John Beech - GM (and janitor)

The simplest thing would be to create a Product Option called Media (or whatever) with Option Values DVD and VHS. Then apply that to each product (check out the Attributes Sorter & Copier contribution for an easy way to do this to many products at once). Then people will select it as a drop down menu.

If you are willing to do some PHP coding, it would certainly be possible to create dual buy_now buttons. You would have to change code in both product_info.php and includes/application_top.php

Hth,

Matt

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the help. I suspect the coding solution will be best as I'm afraid unsophisticated cutomers won't know to use the drop-down menu. We'll try this first though and have some of my friends alpha-test it for us. Maybe it 'will' be obvious enough - we'll see. Thanks again!

John Beech - GM (and janitor)

Archived