• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Options

dvduval

Hi, I'm new here and I'm considering using Oscommerce for my site (it is the largest dance shoe site on the net).

Nearly all of my products have 4 options:

size, color, width and heel height

Can OsCommerce handle 4 options OK?

Currently I import the products and options using a CSV file to populate the database. Would it be possible to write an app that populates the products AND options?

Finally, depending on the option choice there may be limitations on the other options. For example, maybe I have a shoe that comes in 3 colors for wide width and 5 colors for medium width. Would it be possible to write a custom script to limit a users choices?

(Ex. a popup that says, "sorry red leather not available in wide width)

I've always been a fan of open source and I'm excited about becoming part of this community if it seems that Oscommerce would work well for my site.

The answer to all questions is yes. All but the first will involve custom coding. I recently saw a thread where someone had a working module where second option choices depended on your first choice.

The Attributes Sorter & Copier mod might be useful to you as well.

Hth,

Matt

I appreciate your reply. Right now we are running a proprietary app on Cold Fusion. I'm thinking that is the long run OSCommerce will be:

1) Less Expensive

2) Easier to find free support

3) Easier to find paid support (and I expect the paid support will cost less the $100/hour I currentlly pay)

4) Easier to find mods

Archived