• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOMIZING MY STORE

valeria

Dummy question maybe ...

I've installed the store and everything seems to be working fine.

Now I need to replace the "sample" catalogue products with the real ones that I'll be selling.

I wonder if you guys do this manually, replacing each product through the Admin section, or if you have your products in a database which you link somehow.

Thanks!

http://loopdeloop.ca/catalog/index.php

Im opening up on the 1st of December my self... :D

Im just adding the product names and categories right now...

Then Ill add the descriptions and pictures

and yes one by one...

Just delete the sample categories that will also delete the sample products in those categories

Hello,

If you are a noobie at mysql/php, then I would suggest useing the admin area and removing the products one by one,

(there are only like 15 products there, and will take about 3 min to remove them all that way, serious).

but if you have some knowledge on mysql then you can go into the database and remove them all at one time.

digi

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

I'll definitely try Easy Populate, though ... which version should I download?

Also ... I was trying to figure out how to use Dreamweaver MX to make changes in my database. Is the first timee I try Dreamweaver MX (I usually use Dreamweaveer 4 cause I am not use to deal with databases)

Doees anybody else uses Dreamweaver MX?

Archived