• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

font size in catagory box

ttt2

I have 2 languages set up for my web. English and Chinese. The thing is that default font for all boxes is 10. That worked fine for English but for Chinese is too small to read. I found the default setting in the style sheet. But that changes all the boxes. I been adding <font size="2"> blah blah</font> in define(blah blah........) in chinese.php. That worked for all the boxes except for Catalog.

So can I even change the catalog font for Chinese without changing the whole thing??

Interesting problem. I think that your practice of adding font tags is risky; you are putting in two definitions for font size (the stylesheet and the font tag) and asking the browser to choose which one to use. This may have unexpected results depending on which browser your visitors use, and sometimes which version of the browser. Even if it works for all current versions there is no guarantee that future versions will work.

I would modify the code to call a different stylesheet depending on the language. You will have to do this on all of the pages that generate the Head section of an HTML page. Look for this code near the top of the HTML section:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

and replace it with this:

<?php
 if ($language == 'chinese') {
   echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet_chinese.css">';
 } else {
   echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">';
 }
?>

Now copy your stylesheet.css as stylesheet_chinese.css and make the appropriate changes to the font sizes.

I've assumed that your language is really called "chinese"; if includes/languages/chinese.php exists then my guess is correct. If not please make the appropriate change.

If you do this, please post back here and let us know how it works. This could be important for a number of languages that do not use the Latin character set.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived