• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tell a Friend not working

Tell-A-Friend was not working in another site that i am doing, now it does not work in a fresh install.

Other mails DO work just fine.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
I'm having the same problem, I  can't get it to work unless its a fresh non-modifed install. I'm stumped on this problem... EXpert advise would be appreciated.

Having the same problem here.

All other email seems to work.

Let guest tell a friend option is also turned to True

Systems is based on Linux.

It even gives confirmation above the headder in a bright green background that the email is sent, but no email come into my test email inbox.

Please help!!!

Kunal

I can't help with the above problem since I do not use it. However, I do use Tell_A_Friend_Too and it works fine. You may want to consider installing that contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't help with the above problem since I do not use it. However, I do use Tell_A_Friend_Too and it works fine.  You may want to consider installing that contribution.

Jack

Jack,

Can you please provide a link for the contribution.

Regards,

Kunal

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Be sure you have the settngs in admin for email set correctly. Also check your email entries for admin->configurations->my store. Some hosts won't allow emails addresses that part of the shop. What I mean by that is that if your shop is myfish.com and you have an email set up as [email protected], it maynot work. You need to put your own personal email addres in there. Also, some do not allow something link <my name>[email protected]. Most hosts don't have a problem with them but I have see a few that do.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Had a customer with this problem. They had enabled "Force Cookies". Setting it to false solved it for me. Maybe you too?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Had a customer with this problem. They had enabled "Force Cookies". Setting it to false solved it for me. Maybe you too?

Iggy

Found it!

mine is set to false too but still having this problem of mno email being delivered.

Not sure what else to check since there is no actual error message.

I am lost here.

Please help.

Kunal

• 3 months later...

It works for members login at my site. For guest or members no-login, it will redirect to cookie usage page.

Going to dig inside the program to find out the reason. It will be appreciated if somebody got the same symtom and share the solution here.

Best regards,

Yan, SY FUNG.

has anyone else had this problem?

YaNotCook !!

Archived