• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New customers

Megalomac

Hi all... getting a 'lil error when a new customer is entering their info.

I'm at a standstill as I haven't been able to find an answer to this in the forums yet...

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in c:\wwwroot\store\includes\functions\compatibility.php on line 163

I also get a notice saying that "Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections." It's a valid email though.

Any ideas out there? I really want to get this product working without so many errors. I think I'm getting close though!

-megalomac-

Generally, this happens when you disable State in admin. I think that there is a bug report about this. The fix is to re-enable state, possibly with just one value if it is not useful for you.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks for the tip Matt. Unfortunately State is enabled under Configuration>>Customer Details in the admin. That seems to be the only place to enable/disable state as far as I can tell. Am I looking in the right spot?

While working towards a solution, I manually created a new customer in mysql, and now receive new errors when attempting to edit this customer in the osCommerce admin:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in c:\wwwroot\store\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in c:\wwwroot\store\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

Anything you can think of that could cause these similar errors to ruin my fun?

Thanks again,

-megalomac-

• 3 months later...

I was getting the same errors on my OScommerce install on Mac OS X server. I had just upgraded from a snapshot to osc 2.2ms2. The problem was that the values for customers_default_address_id in the customers table were all 1. Any new entry into the customers table would have a reference to the corresponding id in the address_book table. I changed the 1s to the proper values and all was good again.

The error is caused by the 1 reference, an address_book entry that does not exist. FYI I have all kinds of null values for state and it still works fine.

Miles

• 6 years later...

Archived