• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session Help

I am new to osc so if this is probably something simple.

I read that the removal of the session id is taken care of so there is no need for the session killer hack.

Off of a clean install of osCommerce 2.2-CVS I am having a problem as sessions still show up when spidered. I am using the following site to test:

http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-spider-simulator.php

Is there additional work that needs to be done to stop sessions for bots or how can I fix this? Thank you in advance.

The spider session killer identifies the spider by it's user agent. The simulator you are using does not use the user agent of a known seach engine spider, and therefore OSC doesn't recognize it a a real spider, and allows the SID.

To fix this, use the simulator, and then check your website's log files (or latest visitors) to get the user agent. Then add the user agent to your spiders.txt file. Thne try the simulator again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you for the help, that makes sense.

After looking closer, I do not have a spiders.php file or a reference to the file in the applications_top.php, so I am assuming I am on an oder version.

The main text said version osCommerce 2.2-CVS, is there more than one or updates? This is my first time working with the software so bare with me until I get ahold of everything.

I downloaded 2.2ms2 and it does have this so I am assuming I have an old install. Is there anything that mentions just changed files that have been updated?

I think there is a contribution called "spider killer" that should do the trick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived