• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review my store (Speed-Sense)

jblessing

I finally finished up my new store, Speed-Sense and I'm looking for your opinions on anything :)

Let me know what you think.

http://www.speed-sense.com

Note: PLEASE do not make ANY test orders... it is a "live" shop

Also, I have not actually got all of my products up yet.. that is still in progress :)

[edited]

great site! i agree with taking out the header and footer. you really don't need the date along the footer and you really shouldn't be showing how many requests you got as it will be deterrent to customers (you just recently opened). if you still want to display the oscommerce banner you can do so right under the all the copyright info. i'm sure you can figure out a way to squeeze in the breadcrumbs and links on the header into your site somewhere. otherwise great site!

The html design was completed by me, along with some graphics.

The logo as well as the majority of the sites graphics were done by a friend of mine for free.

I paid a guy to actually implement my design into osc.

"Site controls" is a nice little gimmick.

Where did the code for this come from? It's pretty cool and I might like to do something similar.

thanks.

They are just a few clickable images placed in the footer. The link to index.php, java script:history.back(1), java script:history.forward(1), #top, and contact_us.php with a few graphical rollovers. Simple stuff but well put together.

My only gripe is with the categories box. I think there should be at least a one pixel gap between borders or get rid of the internal border entirely.

Other than that, great site.

• 2 weeks later...

The navigation things are perhaps a nice gimmick, but because it's so unusual I guarantee that no one will use them. Therefore gimmicks are a bad thing because they serve no real purpose but take up bandwith. Besides, if you disable javascript it's broken.

Archived