• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying UPS rates or adding new shipping method

dsutton01

I have a situation where I want to use a table rate for shipping, based on the cost of my cart's contents. I got that part figured out with the table method, and it works fine. But here's the situation:

I want to offer my customers three shipping methods: UPS Ground, UPS 3-day, and UPS next day. My shipping prices are predetermined and I don't need to use actual UPS rates. 3-Day and Next-day add $10 and $20 respectively to the standard ground rates, which are also predetermined.

How can I incorporate this type of shipping system? on the shipping selection page, I want my customers to see those three options, all priced accordingly, and that's it.

Can anyone offer me suggestions on how to make this happen? I've searched quite a bit and haven't come up with anything substantial.

Thank you!

Anyone?

I see quite a few posts similar to mine around the board. How have others dealt with this type of shipping situation? I dont' happen to ship by weight, so OSC can't really do much the way it's currently equipped.

I did install a contrib that replaces the existing table rate method with a new one that has two rate charts built in, but it causes lots of errors on my installation, so I can't use it.

Any help is *greatly* appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived