• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

8 tough questions.

This is a screenshot of my site llisting the products in a category..

products.jpg

Can someone help me with the following:

1) I can't get the images to show cuz they are on another url, so the path turns out to be: http://www.mydomain.com/images/http://www..../images/pic.jpg :unsure:

2) Why is ther a + after Product name?

3) I got rid of the prices through the admin option.. but I can still read the "price" heading on the page :huh:

4) Can I point the "buy now" button to a URL of my choice? In example www.otherdomain.com/buynow

5) If #4 isn't posible, can I remove the buttond all together?

products2.jpg

6) Can I get rid of the "review" and "buy now" button on the product page? For the buy button it would be even better if I an also point that one to a url of my choice (see #4)

7) Can I get rid of the "this product was added on blah, blah, blah" text?

8) I have the same problem with the images in this page as before.

If someone could help me solve at least one of the problems I would be forever grateful

Thanks in advance,

Javi, a desperate wannabe webmaster

point your IMAGES line in your config.php to the images directory on the other server. Right now, it looks like it is /images/. You need it to be 'http://server2.com/images'

I haven't tested it, but I think it should work

Thanx Lester.. that worked for the broken images, but it messed up the rest of the site :(

Couldn't find anything related to #2 in that file Rodney.. but I am a noob.. :(

Arg.. I hopw there is another way to do this.. cuz I can't havethem in the same directory :(

I'm just an affiliate, the original site is the one with the images and they wont let me have thhem in my server

Javi (pulling my hair out)

PS. Remember to backup your files everyone :( I just screwed up my catalog and have to start all over agian

I'm just an affiliate, the original site is the one with the images and they wont let me have thhem in my server

Then you are out of luck, perhaps just ignore them and copy the images anyway? I don't see how you are going to make it work, when it's time to checkout how do you hand the shopping carts contents over to the real website?

Oh well, good luck.

Willem

when it's time to checkout how do you hand the shopping carts contents over to the real website?

I'll parse the product URL into the buy button.

Javi :)

PS. Wow that actually sounded like I knew what I said :D I'll have to ask how to do that later on

It may be possible to mess with the php code of the pages that display the product images (ie product_info.php and includes/modules/product_listing.php) and hard code in the different URL for the images. Should work with a bit of faffing around!

Archived