• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone shipping? help please

slimjim

Hi,

I have installed the modules: UK Royal Mail Standard Rates, UK Royal Mail Recorded Delivery which are based on 'Zones' - but I can't figure out how these are supposed to work?

1. My customer payment methods page - suggests that shipping will be based on weight - but the weight is set to zero no matter what figure I add into the individual product information. As an aside: how does the script now what the figure I add to the product description represents, is it grams, Kg, lbs?

2. The payment page shows a value of ?1.60 for both UK Royal Mail Standard Rates and UK Royal Mail Recorded Delivery - again - where it gets this I don't know. All the Zones I set up in the module are ignored.

As this is all very complicated - and I would like to have a live shop soon - is it possible to just have 2 rates: one for shipping within UK and another for shipping outside UK. At least if I could gets something like that working I could launch my shop.

At the moment - despite overcoming lots of other problems with this software - I am on the verge of saying goodbye to OSCommerce.

Are there any experts who could get me over this final 'shipping' hurdle? If you have an hourly rate please get in touch.

Thanks,

Jim

Archived