• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Question

andywong79

I submited by url to google.com a while back. When i do a search on my domain name, it shows up with my <TITLE> as the link which was fine. However, I changed my <TITLE> about 2 weeks and I resubmitted my url for indexing. I just did a search for my site and it still shows the old <TITLE> as the link. When or how does the description change for the indexing in google? Please help... :(

Actually, it can take up to 3 month for any changes you ever make to your website to be refleted in the google index.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

it seems to only be a bad idea to resubmit to google.com though a lot of search engines make it so you have to keep resubmitting every month or you will be taken off. read the directions to the search engine that you are submitting your site to

thanks guys. I have been trying to get indexed, but it never happened. I am trying to optimize my page so that it can get higher in the page rank. Now, when i search, i got the new title now. However, I still cannot search for myself when I type in those keywords.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived