• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping questions

blessed

Most of my products will be able to be sent Express post, within Canada. How do I set it up that so it is in 3 zones within Canada?

Can it be done?

Or is it easier to do the Canada post contribution?

My customization of my site, is done for now. It's still pretty much "outta da box" but for now it's good enough(and yes I left the copy right ;) ) I'm trying to figure best way to do my shipping stuff.

Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

It is possible to do, but I can't tell you how. I thought about doing this, but then when I was going to set up the zones, and had a look at the rates to different postal codes, and the variance in the rates, I decided Canada Post's rates are too Byzantine to work out an equitable rate for just a few zones. I'm going with the CP module, but right now it's giving me rates that are close but not quite right. It's not GST, I have that working, I'm thinking maybe they have old rates on their test server or something, but it's very difficult to get anything but a canned answer from Canada Post. Sell online is also giving me fits about packaging, it puts things in wrong boxes, which screws up the rates too. Jeremy

Archived